We've got a really fun-filled weekend in store for everyone.
To help everyone to understand where all the events are, we've put an
on the transportation page with locations marked on it. If you have extra time, we encourage you
to check out some of our favorite sites around and beyond Salt Lake City.
Friday July 28 |
Saturday July 29 |
Around Salt Lake |
Beyond Salt Lake
Friday July 28
- 9 AM: Cecret Lake Hike - Meet at the Goldminer's Daughter Patio. This is one of our favorite trails in all of Utah.
- 5 PM: BBQ On the Goldminer's Daughter Patio
Saturday July 29
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast On the Goldminer's Daughter Patio - Bagels, cereal and other continental fair.
- 8:45 AM: Shuttles up the albion summer road to Alf's from the Goldminer's parking lot. The earlier you can be on the shuttle, the better. We need to get about 150 people up that road.
- 10:00 AM: Wedding Cermony at Alf's - Alf's is the Alta Ski Lift's mid-mountain restaurant in the center of Albion Basin in Alta. After the ceremony, we encourage everyone to mingle, explore the surroundings, take a siesta and enjoy the various activities of the Wasatch Wildflower Festival. We'll then regroup at Goldminer's in the evening for dinner and dancing.
- 11:30 AM: Shuttles back down the albion summer road to Goldminer's parking lot or the Kickstand Cafe, which is the base camp for the Wildflower Festival. You are of course welcome to walk down instead of riding the shuttle. Its a beautiful downhill wildflower walk.
- 5 PM: Wedding Dinner in the Goldminer's Daughter Dining Room
- 8 PM - ??: Wedding Dance Party in the Goldminer's Daughter Bar
Around Salt Lake
- Wasatch Wildflower Festival - It'll be going on all weekend with various events at Solitude, Alta and Snowbird. At Alta on the day of our wedding, there will be local naturalists giving guided wildflower walks from 10A - 3P. There will also be live music and other great activities throughout the day.
- Hiking & Biking the Wasatch Front - Dog Lake, Grandeur Peak, Cecret Lake, Silver Lake, Timpanogos Cave are some of our recommended spots.
- Red Butte Gardens - We almost had our wedding here. One of the best places anywhere to see a concert.
- Hogle Zoo - Over 250 species from around the world.
- Salt Lake Mormon Temple - They won't let any of you heathans in the place but the temple grounds are beautiful.
- Lagoon Amusement Park - The original Lagoon, Lake Park, known as "one of the most attractive watering places in the West," opened on July 15, 1886.
- Park City - Historic Main Street is great for shopping and eating
- Sundance Resort - Lift Assisted Mountain Biking & Hiking, Fly Fishing, and Horseback Riding.
- Deer Valley Resort - Great lift access mountain biking.
- High Country Rafting - The closest rafting outfitter to Salt Lake, with 2 hour trips on the Provo River in Provo.
- Utah Golf Courses - 100's of great courses throughout the valley and beyond.
Beyond Salt Lake